30 things before 30 is all about hitting those early adult life milestones and checking off those riskier bucket list items. There’s no better time than the present to put all of your focus into the things you want to accomplish in this stage of your life.
In celebration of my 28th birthday next month- and being that much closer to 30- I thought I’d do something fun and share a bucket list for all of my 20-something-year-old friends.
Here are 30 things to do before you turn 30.
These are all within reach so I challenge you to cross off as many as you can…
30. Put yourself out there. Make your happiness flourish on your own terms, and you’ll end up looking back with no regrets.
29. Aspire for your dream job, and do everything it takes to land it.
28. Go on more dates!
27. Round up your squad and go back in time. Go rollerblading, snack on Gushers, put on Lip Smackers gloss like it’s your job.
26. Go to an ice bar, rock a faux fur coat and sip out of a mug made entirely of ice.
25. Book one night at a fancy hotel and order the most expensive wine.
24. Listen to a podcast and learn something new.
23. Learn your favorite family recipe and cook it. Then invite your mom and dad over to your place for dinner!
22. Choose a hobby that will challenge you to step outside of your normal comfort zone.
21. Sign up for a gym class- spin, yoga, kickboxing, etc.
20. Travel to another state for the weekend, by car, with one of your best friends.
19. Get a pet.
18. Get involved in a community service project.
16. Travel by yourself. Even if it’s just to another town to go shopping one day. Bonus points if you get lunch by yourself.
15. Wake up early enough to watch the sunrise. Preferably on the beach.
14. Go on a cruise.
13. Go to a festival. Coachella anyone?
12. Plan a weekend in Las Vegas, complete with a rooftop pool party.
11. Let go of your past- learn to leave all the negative things where they belong; behind you in the past!
10. Invest- clue yourself up about investments and make some extra money on the side.
9. Ask for a raise (if you’re honestly deserving of it)
8. Get your credit score on track and start saving so you can buy a house.
7. Donate- your time or your money to an organization you believe in.
6. Fall in Love – Being in a serious relationship will teach you a lot. Give your 100% to your partner. Love is one of the best things that can happen to you.
5. Travel as much as you can.
4. If you have a family- get life insurance. I have a great agent if you need a recommendation. 😉
3. Treat yourself to something really expensive.
2. Host an event or party
1. Do an ancestry DNA test
While there could be hundreds of accomplishments that I could have listed, here are my essential 30. Note: I still recommend doing most of these things after 30 as well, it’s just easier to do most before then.
Am I missing something that you think is a “must do” before 30? Post it in the comments.