Last year, my grandmother gifted me an oil diffuser. I was pretty excited since I had recently read all of the natural health benefits of oils but had never gone out and bought a diffuser myself.
I quickly started reviewing the different types of oils online (and their uses) and ordered a bottle of Lavender from Young Living to test for myself. It was supposed to help with sleep and that’s one thing I think EVERYONE needs help with. After a week of diffusing the oil before bed, I was hooked so I decided to research a little deeper.
After several hours of Google and Pinterest, I ended up learning that Lavender is the “swiss army knife” of all oils and can help with just about everything! Not only did I use it to get a good night’s sleep, it also helped to soothe my mosquito bites that weekend AND a small burn my son had got on his finger.
I was so intrigued by what this little bottle of oil did, that I continued to do more research.
The outstanding reviews of essential oils, as well as the many different health concerns that essential oils are said to fix, ended up pushing me over the edge to buy a starter kit from Young Living. (You can buy one using this link: CLICK HERE)
It was the best value and came with a diffuser, 12 oils, and some other samples from Young Living. Here’s a full explanation of the kit.
You guys I could not be more surprised at the way these oils helped my family. If you’re looking for a more natural way to keep the people you love healthy, you might consider giving essential oils a try too.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are liquids distilled from plants or other sources. You can use essential oils in a variety of ways, including smelling them for aromatherapy, rubbing them on your skin, or ingesting them.
Besides smelling wonderful, essential oils have other positive properties. Oils have been used for centuries for healing. While it might sound a little crazy — it did to me — a few drops of oil may be enough to solve some common complaints around the house.
Essential Oils Are Versatile AF
As I mentioned, lavender essential oil is the most versatile of all essential oils. It’s most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body and has been highly regarded for the skin.
You can use it to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance of the oil is calming and relaxing which is what I have mostly used Lavender for. I diffuse a couple drops before bed and I sleep like a freaking baby.
If you’re looking for a little help with PMS symptoms, sniffing or rubbing some sage oil, or chamomile oil on your skin can help you feel a bit more balanced.
If you’re hoping to prevent sickness overall, try diffusing a bottle of Young Living’s Thieves. This blend has antibacterial and antiviral properties that may help your family avoid whatever illness is going around. Plus, it makes your house smell amazing!
Essential Oils Can Essentially Help With Everything
Headaches: Simply apply a drop or two of peppermint oil to your temples or wherever you’re feeling occasional muscle tension, and stave off potential discomfort.
Anti Aging: Lemon oils are also used in a variety of commercial skin care products to help reduce the signs of aging, such as wrinkles.
Skin: I have relatively clear skin, but that doesn’t mean it’s perfect! Frankincense in lotions, geranium in toners, rose oil in moisturizers, and carrot seed oil in DIY sunblock—the possibilities are endless and are free of toxin-laden ingredients found in commercial products.
Relaxation: Scents have the power to transport us to specific memories and, during periods of stress, a soothing smell can mean the difference between relaxation and a negative downward spiral. Scents are very personal and there are dozens of different oils to choose from. Some top favorite relaxing scents are Purification (citrus/light floral), Stress Away (woods/limey/clean), and Thieves (cinnamon-y goodness)
Cleaning: Why buy toxic cleaning products when you can make your own—laundry detergent, carpet cleaner, and dish soap to name a few!
Why Choose Young Living?
You’re probably wondering why I chose Young Living for my essential oils when there are so many other cheaper options out there? Well, I’m glad you asked.
TOP 8 REASONS I CHOOSE YOUNG LIVING
- Essential oils sold in most health food stores are aroma-grade or fragrance-grade oils and while they do smell good, they don’t offer the same therapeutic and medicinal benefits.
- The FDA does not regulate the essential oil industry. In fact, companies only need 5% of the bottle to be actual essential oil in order to market it as “100% Pure Essential Oil. This means that bottle of oil you just bought from Amazon could very well be filled with toxic ingredients, additives, fillers, and synthetics.
- Most essential oils have expiration dates, Young Living oils do not. 100% pure essential oils (excluding citrus) will last indefinitely if properly stored away from heat and sunlight.
- Young Living has been producing the finest quality oils for over 20 years and with over 180 different oils they have the greatest selection of singles & blends of any essential oil company. But, if an oil doesn’t pass Young Living’s strict quality standards, they won’t offer it for sale so sometimes not all of these oils are available until they can produce more.
- Young Living uses the finest production practices in the industry. They distill oils once at low temperatures and pressures, using chemical-free water and medical-grade stainless steel distillers.
- Young Living is the only essential oil company in the world with a Seed to Seal process since they control every single aspect of production.
- Anyone can visit the Young Living farms around the globe and participate in the harvest & distillation process. No other essential oil company owns their own farms and can offer this opportunity.
- Young Living oils meet all industry AFNOR and ISO standards and are subjected to isotopic ratio mass spectrometry (IRMS) analysis which determines whether a particular essential oil is naturally sourced or synthetic (created in a lab).
No, I am not an aromatherapist. I’m just a mom that fell in love with the more holistic approaches to solving life’s little problems.
If you’re interested in learning more about essential oils or think you’d like to try something out, let me know. You can also sign up for a membership with Young Living and get 24% off retail price on all products: click here to sign up.
June SPECIAL: Get a free bottle of Citronella when you sign up for essential rewards with your premium starter kit! Citronella is the oil that keeps away mosquitos and pesky insects!
Just fill out the form below and I’ll send you my exclusive link. OR you can sign up right here.