Christmas is one of my most favorite holidays of the year. From the holiday movies on freeform to the candy canes and apple cider… I love it all! But the one thing that really gets my heart bursting is baking cookies during the Holiday season.
Many many years ago my Nana would invite me over and we would have the entire kitchen smelling of chocolate, peanut butter, and sugar. Every countertop was covered in cookies and flour, and it’s one of the best memories I’ll cherish in my heart forever.
Although there are hundreds of cookie recipes out there, I wanted to share the easiest and yummiest cookie with you of all: Peanut Butter Blossoms. Now to be completely honest with you, the original recipe calls for way more ingredients than what I am about to share with you. But as a young full-time working mama and wife, I just simply “ain’t got time for that.” So I’ve decided to cheat this recipe and it’s JUST as amazing. (It’s so good, me and my husband ate a whole batch in one night!)
The Easiest and Yummiest Peanut Butter Blossoms
Don’t feel like cheating this recipe? Here is the original peanut butter blossom recipe similar to my nana’s famous Christmas cookies.
1 Package of Ready To Bake Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Bottle of Red or Green Sugar Sprinkles
1 Package of Hershey’s Kisses Milk Chocolate
1. Pour your sugar sprinkles in a medium bowl.
2. Open your package of ready to bake peanut butter cookies and take each cookie and roll it in the sprinkles until it’s covered.
3. Place each sugar covered peanut butter cookie on a greased cookie sheet until it’s filled.
4. Cook the cookies according to package. While the cookies are cooking, unwrap as many Hershey kisses as cookies you have and set them aside.
5. Once cookies are done baking, pull them out to cool for a few minutes. Before they are all the way cool, take a Hershey’s kiss and stick it on the top of each cookie.
Do you have a favorite Holiday Cookie Recipe? Share it with The Smother Mother in the comments below.